Like I mentioned in my previous post, I have roughly (very roughly) recreated the look worn by Anushka Shetty in the movie Bahubali 2. She plays this character called Devasena who is a Princess of a small kingdom. That said, she has dressed and accessorised like a royalty. And I did not get time to fetch the gold and diamond jewellery from my vault! 😅😅😅 So I had to make do with what I had.
So let’s jump into the look, shall we?
This is the Look that I am about to recreate. It’s very simple yet very elegant and Royal! The whole look actually lies in the iconic bindhi that she wears on her forehead! That was the toughest to recreate for me!
This is the Look she wears during the introduction scene of Devasena!
For the flawless looking skin-
- I applied the Maybelline baby skin primer on my cleansed face.
- I followed this with the Essence cosmetics match 2 cover cream concealer under my eyes, on my nose, forehead and corners of my lips.
- After blending that out neatly, I applied my Maybelline Fit me foundation all over my face and neck.
- Then, I took the B&D powder compact on my triangular sponge and applied it under my eyes and asking my jaw line. I let it bake for a while before I brushed and blended it into my skin.
- I chose to give a little warmth to my cheeks, so I applied a little bit of the Essence Matte blush on to my cheeks.
For the Dramatic Eyes-
- Firstly I tight-lined my lower and upper waterline with the Nykaa eyem black kajal.
- Then I lined by eyelids with the wet n wild proline eyeliner. Since it is a simple lining the eyes look, it dint take much time. I just made sure it was smooth and dark.
- Finally I used a generous amount of Maybelline push-up drama mascara on my upper and lower lashes. Devasena has sported a very thick and beautiful eyelashes!
- I went over my upper lashes with the Lakme curl mascara for the fake eyelashes effect!
- For my eye brows I used my usual wet n wild ultimate brow kit! 😊
For the iconic bindhi worn by Devasena-
- I drew out the design on my forehead using a red gel ink pen.
- Then I mixed some red sindhoor with water into a semi-thick paste.
- Finally I went over the design I drew with a stick dipped in the sindhoor mixture.
It was seriously the hardest thing I had to do! 😂 My hands were shivering all over the place.
Devasena was wearing a bright pink lipstick to match the saree she wears. For which I chose the Elle 18 pop Matte lipstick in the shade- Pink Kiss.
Finally I combed all the hair away from my face into a half up do (of course you don’t want the beautiful tresses on your face while you are sword fighting your enemy! 😂😂). I put on the most grand and golden looking jewellery I could find in my box!
And that’s the finished look!
If you liked this look, let me know in the comments. If you are new to my blog, please follow me!